Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
I apologize that all of these posts are COVID-19 related. To be honest, our entire lives are somehow related to the coronavirus so it’s hard to write about anything else.
- Walt Disney World is open to guests and some of the most famous people staying on property are the professional sports players staying in their bubbles at various Disney hotels. The Major League Soccer players have shared their problems with the food at the Swan and Dolphin hotels. While staying at Disney World might be a dream for many, the NBA players showing up aren’t feeling the love. In fact, Rajon Rondo of the Lakers is comparing his room at the Coronado Beach Resort to a Motel 6.
- There’s a large number of people who are looking for ways to take a socially distant vacation. One of the most popular options was for families to rent an RV. Ed from Pizza in Motion did exactly this for his family visit to Hersheypark and has some tips for first-time renters.
- One of the things that caused the most negative emotions for frequent travelers during the coronavirus outbreak was having to cancel or having your upcoming plans canceled. Miles for Family wrote about how rebooking those canceled trips has brought spring to her step. I agree as rebooking our canceled cruise from 2020 into 2021 felt great.
- Pre-coronavirus, a first-class upgrade clearing on a domestic flight was the best thing that could happen to improve your travel. Things have changed and what if now that upgrade meant giving up your empty row in the back of the plane to fly in a packed first-class cabin? Summer (Mommy Points) gave up an upgrade so she could still sit in the empty back of the plane and I think she made the right choice.
- As someone looking in from the outside, it’s fascinating to see how Australia and New Zealand are dealing with coronavirus in their countries. New Zealand has managed to essentially eliminate the virus and has even slowed its national carrier from bringing so many citizens back home due to a lack of quarantine facilities. Australia was also doing a good job at containment but has been dealing with an increased number of cases since re-opening its borders. As a response, Qantas has canceled all international flights, except ones flying to New Zealand, until March 2021.
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary