Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- We’ve written before about the unclaimed baggage store in Alabama where all of the lost luggage eventually ends up. Maybe it’s due to coronavirus or just the store catching up to technology, but the store now allows you to purchase items online.
- It can be difficult to keep up with all the changes going on in the credit card world during the pandemic. I just had to rearrange my wallet to make sure I was maximizing my earning on new bonus categories. As usual, I’m way behind Greg from Frequent Miler who’s had to rearrange his pandemic wallet every month.
- I’m viewing Delta as the airline that’s trying to give passengers what they want. Of course, it doesn’t always work – sometimes they’ve taken away things customers might find important, like when they recently removed being able to contact them via social media for customer service issues, and sometimes they waffle and give mixed messages. Points, Miles & Martinis has suggested a great way for Delta to be a big winner & keep on passengers’ good side.
- I don’t know what Las Vegas will look like when the pandemic slows down, but I view its reopening the same as the opening of Orlando. I understand why it is important to the local economy and if you happen to live in the area, it might be a great time to visit some attractions like this temporary display at the Bellagio.
- Oh, AMEX. In May, they began offering a great benefit to all their cards, and in June I wrote that I thought they had made it easier to redeem AMEX offers. So what happened in July? They started clawing back on grocery store spends. Because of course they did.
- In what’s an interesting side story to the coronavirus pandemic, liquor laws around the nation are changing. Besides those changes, there may also be changes behind the bar with pre-mixed cocktails gaining popularity. Despite what you may think, this might not be a bad thing.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary