Hello, travel friends, happy Saturday and happy Independence Day for those of us in the U.S., as well! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- Last Sunday we linked to posts that discussed where you shouldn’t vacation right now, the ultimate in airline COVID safety, Citi’s new bonus category, & more! Click here to read all about it!
- This past Wednesday, we told you about American Airlines stopped pretending to care, the credit cards to get before others, the aggravation about traveling now, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- Update on new/renewed U.S. passports, global entry & TSA PreCheck
- Marriott plans to tighten cancellation policy in July
- Spirit Airlines has a new way to nickel & dime you, even during a pandemic
- If one airline has a bad idea, why to the rest of them rush to copy it?
- Hotels not changing sheets between guests? I’ll do this to ensure they do
- Why don’t most hotel rooms in the U.S. have ceiling lights?
- One more reason why I want to go to Japan this fall
- Why don’t hotels have exhaust fans in their bathrooms?
- Can you catch coronavirus from a swimming pool?
- Disney rash: what it is, how to treat it & how to prevent it in the first place
- Google made an oops and managed to scare loads of travelers
- A secure message to Chase saved me $40
- Central Florida toll roads scheduled to nearly double in price
- The current state of airline refunds
- I said doing this on vacation was a waste of time but coronavirus made me a liar
- Vegas is changing again. What will it look like, post-COVID?
- Everyone should sign up for the small business AMEX offer
- 9 bizarre reasons why planes have had to make emergency landings
- Iceland’s new low cost carrier on the way, plans flights to Europe, U.S.
- Fiji’s brilliant way to financially survive through COVID
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.