Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed reconsidering your credit card reward strategies, when you refuse to wear a mask on the plane, know this before traveling to Alaska, a great Pan Am documentary, really expensive take-out & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- The first 100% non-smoking resort in Las Vegas
- Starbucks feels good about the economy so it’s launching a new promotion
- Former reality TV star now delivering airport luggage
- The Caribbean is opening! Here’s when we can travel to each island
- Two reasons I don’t want to cancel my American Airlines award flight
- Study: liberals & conservatives travel & vacation differently
- When The Onion satirizes Disney parks & it’s not far from the truth
- We flew on a sports teams’ charter plane and it was awesome
- Two adults only resorts set their reopening dates
- Baby steps: Japan’s plan to let foreigners in
- Two airlines merging operations in Hawaii
- What’s Disney rash, how to treat it and prevent it from happening
- The 4 planned phases of Hawaii restarting tourism
- This would be my nightmare hotel experience
- Australia’s dates to open tourism, including to international travelers
- Our favorite Marriott hotel brand
- How you can tell if your hotel room is really clean
- Processing of U.S. passports announced to begin
- Hawaii again extends its 14-day quarantine for incoming travelers
- Have you heard the new enhancement to the Golden Gate Bridge?
- New Hilton, Marriott property openings & re-openings in Vegas
- Self Health Assessments Are The Biggest Crock of S*** Ever!
- Credit card offers are back! I’ve never been so happy to get junk mail!
- Disney park considering food delivery service
- Give Kids The World, Disney area charity resort for sick kids, closing indefinitely
- LaGuardia’s new Terminal B arrivals & departures call opening
- Why credit card fraud for flights remains high despite few flying
- Video: world’s largest commercial cargo plane arrives in Ireland
- A trip to the Neon Museum is a social distancing-friendly must-see in Las Vegas
- Credit card review: Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express
- Think reopening theme parks is tough? Try handling TWELVE parks!
- Travel bubbles & air bridges: what they are and why we need them
- This airport wants to know how willing you are to fly
- U.S. & U.K. ton 10 wish list destinations during the pandemic
- The museum that owned up to its racist past
- Where can you stay near Universal with points and miles?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary