Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed Delta’s plan that’s too successful, a new Global Entry update, Avios problems, how to keep banks from closing your cards, Japan clarifies that cheap vacation, & more! Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we linked to posts about a pilot who answered 50 of the most Googled passenger questions, the city that wants an airline to fly empty planes, will COVID bring back single-use toiletries?, hotel chains finally extended their reward programs, best time ever to go to Alaska, & more! Click here to read them all!
Our most-read articles this week:
- The funniest complaint letter ever written to an airline
- No, my carry on bag is not too big to fit in the overhead
- American, Delta, United extend the last date of change fee waivers
- Revenue management be damned! Delta’s betting on giving customers what they want
- Australia’s dates to open tourism, including to international travelers
- Disney’s reopening & some fans are NOT happy, but for all the wrong reasons
- Again, what is up with American Airlines’ boarding agents?
- The travel industry that’s increased up to 650% thanks to COVID-19
- This “hotel” in Dallas is reopening
- Well, that’s the end of this year’s Alaska cruise season
- Big guns pushing for the resumption of passport processing
- Some of the best travel-themed masks I’ve seen so far
- Updated quarantine info for planning a U.S. flight or road trip
- Someone tell Hawaii’s airports they’re going to waste $36M
- New rules for traveling to Ireland
- Should you lock your luggage?
- The 4 planned phases of Hawaii restarting tourism
- Key West has reopened! Here’s what you can do (and what you can’t do)
- Argh! A hacked credit card cost me points!
- JetBlue CEO suggests long term updates to airline change fees
- The most popular food delivery order in each state during COVID-19
- TSA wants passenger self screening at airports
- This is not the “Welcome to Orlando” message you expect
- Greece ends flights to/from Qatar; 12 passengers tested positive for COVID-19
- One more sign that Orlando is open for business
- My predictions for WDW’s re-opening were pretty accurate
- Two reasons why I don’t want to cancel my American Airlines award flight
- Marriott occupancy rare reaches new post-COVID milestone
- J.D. Power 2020 report: the best airlines in North America
- Step-by-step guide: how to use the Chase Pay Yourself Back tool
- Something good from COVID-19: NYC cocktails-to-go could be permanent
- For a limited time, redeem National Emerald Club free rental days at Enterprise
- Even during COVID quarantine, travelers show their sense of humor
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary