Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed the latest airport drama, are hotels watching what we say?, taking quarantine to the next level, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- The World Naked Bike Ride’s not canceled this year!
- If the front desk described your hotel room like this, maybe think twice about taking it
- First flight using “health passport” announced
- TSA officer caught treating others as she was treated
- American Express finally adds a great benefit to all their cards
- So that’s how airlines started having passengers wear masks
- That time when Steven Spielberg gave a studio tour at Universal Studios Hollywood
- The problem Disney World will have in the days after coronavirus
- The most “UnDisney” thing I’ve ever seen from Walt Disney World
- This is the first country to welcome all tourists with no conditions
- The first place most Americans plan to travel to after COVID-19
- Hawaii reveals reopening plan
- Dear whoever is doing this at hotels: STOP IT!
- Add this to the list of lost benefits
- Will this be the order in which countries will reopen for tourism?
- I’m not living in fear so stop telling me that I am
- My newly revised Citi Card plan
- The two airlines’ points I’m trying to earn right now
- U.S. & Canada: so close, yet their hotel occupancy rates are so far apart
- This is the best advice I’ve ever given & I’m sure glad I listened to it
- Our first post-COVID-19 visit to an Orlando theme park
- Delta’s flight schedule for June shows additions, removals
- The pros and cons of traveling on points and miles as a couple
- U.S.-Canada border will remain closed through at least June 21
- Reopening date for the Florida Keys announced
- Some of the most ridiculous questions guests have asked hotel staff
- Masks in Ubers start today – here’s how they’ll ensure compliance
- Study suggests flight prices will go down after COVID-19
- The ultimate travel dilemma
- IHG offering 25% discount for you to go to the beach
- 6 quirky ways places are encouraging social distancing
- I never realized how much I’d miss this travel sound
- Can you rent a car with cash?
- Earn extra miles by using shopping portals
- Trip review: Mt. Bromo, Java, Indonesia
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary