Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- When you write a blog, you wonder if anyone’s reading it, or even if someone’s watching what you say. Greg from Frequent Miler mentioned in a post that he’s received some points in error over a year ago and within days, Hilton emailed him saying the mistake in his account had been corrected. It’s either a huge coincidence or someone at Hilton saw his post. The closest we’ve gotten to that is being recognized at Schlitterbahn for our post to the CEO of Cedar Fair.
- Berlin’s airport situation has been in flux for quite a while. Their new airport is finished but sitting empty because of several reasons. The new opening is supposed to be this fall and now the pressure is on to keep that date because the airport it’s replacing is closing down, maybe for good.
- The one U.S. state that’s put in place the most robust quarantine rules is Hawaii. Because of their isolation, a policy of keeping the virus from taking hold can work for a while. It’s similar to what’s being done in the Florida Keys, where they only lets residents and business owners in. Well, Hawaii’s not messing around with the rules and jailed someone over breaking his quarantine.
- It appears that we’ve passed the low point when it comes to travel. Occupancy rates at hotels have started to climb, depending on where they’re located. Now it looks like air travel is beginning to rebound. Not much, but any improvement is better than continued decreases.
- If you’re reconsidering your 2020 travel plans, you’re not alone. On Miles to Memories, this post sums up what many people are thinking. Road Trip! There are many reasons taking a vacation by car is appealing to people right now, and one of them is the flexibility to change plans or totally cancel with minor inconvenience. Before heading out on the trip, make sure to bring this along to help make the journey more comfortable.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary