Hey travel friends, happy Saturday!
Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last week, we posted links about what became of the Amex RAT team, a flight that probably never happened before, retention offer changes?, closings and cancellations in NYC/Europe, styling PPE, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- The rise and fall of what would have been Disney’s third theme park in the U.S.A.
- Florida is re-opening! (and updated Disney info)
- A site dedicated to bad wildlife photos. So bad that they’re funny!
- Update: Florida Keys now to remain closed to visitors through at least May 31
- This one easy thing was holding up my IRS stimulus payment.
- First country announces coronavirus eliminated (but when can we travel there?)
- What each hotel brand will be doing for our safety in the “new normal.”
- First country in southeast Asia increasing its number of flights.
- This map shows the literal translation of each country’s name (wait ’til you see U.S.A.!)
- Why are Disney’s turkey legs so big?
- Major hotel group got government money earmarked for small businesses; says won’t return it.
- The seven things that might not return to Walt Disney World when it reopens
- Greece’s potential plan to open tourism in summer 2020
- Delta’s May 2020 flight schedule has changed – some good, some bad.
- Thieves try to siphon gas from a tour bus, wound up sucking raw sewage instead.
- Hotels closed by COVID-19 may risk Legionnaires’ disease when reopened.
- Argentina mandates longest travel ban in the Americas, causes outcry.
- An easy way to cut down on credit card fraud
- Ryanair: even during a pandemic, they’re awful
- Sicily’s way to increase tourism: pay people to come!
- The hottest new bonus category for credit card spending is…
- No, you shouldn’t try to get COVID-19 just so you can travel again.
- The best no-annual-fee cards from the big banks to keep your points active
- Delta reveals early retirement dates of MD-88, MD-90.
- European ETIAS visa waiver program delayed until 2023
- Violators of the Indonesia quarantine mandate get locked up in haunted houses.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary