Hey travel friends, it’s Saturday! Although if you’ve been smart and staying at home, it’s kind of hard to keep track. So for those who need to hear it – if you are reading this on the day it’s published, today is Saturday 😉
Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links about calling vs. email for IHG certificate extensions, how to get food delivery credits, Hilton did something GREAT, retention offers, funny travel memories, should airport terminals close for now? and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- What TSA workers see on airport body scanners nowadays
- An MCO restaurant laid off servers. How they did it was heartbreaking
- I got reverse bonvoyed by Marriott
- New 3-letter IATA codes announced
- Chase backtracking on the Sapphire Reserve annual fee increase
- Why do airports have carpeting? And how much one city loved its airport’s carpet
- It’s official! Orlando FL is going on lock down
- What it’s like to fly first class on an Emirates A380
- It’s official! State of FL under stay-at-home order
- True story: stranded on a “healthy” cruise ship for 3 weeks, food running low, couldn’t disembark
- I’m raking in the stars with the current Starbucks promotion. Are you?
- Saying farewell to the airline credit card perk
- Why I think Disney parks didn’t close indefinitely to begin with
- Why the water rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney world smell like they do
- Starbucks’ new promotion lets you earn stars from home
- Cruise ships with American passengers to be sequestered offshore indefinitely
- Class action lawsuit: airlines not offering refunds for canceled flights
- Trump considering grounding flights between hot spot cities
- CLEAR is extending membership (if you ask them nicely)
- I can’t bring myself to book travel right now
- Airports closed, affected by coronavirus
- We maxed out this bonus category without even trying
- Will you still eat exotic food when traveling?
- Different approaches to earning miles and points with credit card spending
- Southwest finally giving credit for EarlyBird fees if you cancel a flight
- Free Disney cruises, free airline flights, & other travel hoaxes
- Credit card review: Chase Sapphire Preferred
- CLEAR is extending memberships (if you ask them nicely)
- Testing for coronavirus at the airport?
- REAL ID deadline delay: what you need to know
- Delta extends ability to re-book travel for up to 2 years
- Airline warns of phishing scam for coronavirus-related refunds
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary