Hey travel friends, it’s Saturday! Although if you’ve been smart and staying at home, it’s kind of hard to keep track. So for those who need to hear it – if you are reading this on the day it’s published, today is Saturday 😉
Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links about what we won’t do on YMMV, about these travel subscriptions, how bad off the airlines are, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- It’s official – Orlando, Florida is going on lockdown
- Why the water rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney World smell like they do
- What was this hotel designer THINKING?????
- Is this the end of the Amex RAT team or will it only make them stronger?
- Some of the funniest maps I’ve ever seen
- Now, THIS is how you get tourists off a beach
- On Whisper, hotel workers come clean about dirty industry secrets
- This worldwide flight cancellation tracker is simply chilling
- This Chase Sapphire reserve benefit has become more valuable
- How do the fountains at the Bellagio work?
- No enforcement of Florida’s governor’s quarantine of NY, NJ, CT travelers
- My top eleven most memorable hotels
- Now is not the time for travel but how will we know when it is?
- Stuff just got real, y’all – Waffle Houses are closing!
- Entitled much? Very inappropriate response to Walt Disney World being closed
- Walt Disney World & Disneyland now closed indefinitely
- So what’s still open in Orlando right now?
- I still might be able to use my IHG free night certificate
- The U.S. State Department just turned things up to an 11
- How do airports make money & how much money do they make?
- You can’t drink at every bar in New Orleans but we tried anyway
- Wisdom from the man who closed the museum with a working poop machine
- We’ve reached the point where no travel headline is surprising anymore
- That time when a celebrity live tweeted about the plane passenger from hell
- I booked my dad on the EVA Air Hello Kitty plane and didn’t tell him
- Pretend that social distancing is like visiting a foreign country
- U.S. airports asking for COVID-19 relief package
- 80% of the Orlando Airport lounges are now closed
#stayhealthy #stayathome #washyourhands
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary