Hey travel friends, it’s Saturday! Boy, what a year it’s been this week, huh? Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links about Southwest’s boarding policy change, almost true travel headlines from “The Onion,” Monkey gangs getting ready to rumble plane seating that’s better than 2-5-2, Hyatt’s tiered pricing delay, top speakeasy bars around the world, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- Is this the end of the AMEX RAT team or will it only make them stronger?
- What to do if your TSA PreCheck status isn’t on your boarding pass
- TSA’s new rules about liquids in carry-on bags & a really lame TSA video
- Entitled much? Very inappropriate response to Walt Disney World being closed
- What you don’t want to see on your boarding pass
- Global Entry enrollment centers closed due to coronavirus
- Everything’s closed for two weeks. Don’t make those travel plans yet
- Why you might not want to use this rental car company for road trips
- The U.S. State Department just turned things up to 11
- 2020 is going to be the year of the retention offer
- Uber, Lyft suspend ride sharing due to coronavirus
- Why you shouldn’t keep your hotel balcony door open
- What to do when your Uber charge is higher than expected
- The most “better than epic” travel ad ever (thanks, coronavirus)
- Starbucks’ new promotion lets you earn stars from home
- Why does the mosaic at Epcot’s The Land pavilion curve onto the ground?
- The safe way to clean your cell phone, tablet while traveling (or at home)
- New TSA updates for ID use at the security checkpoint, sick TSA workers
- How many of these airline acronyms do you know?
- I’m sure glad that contactless cards finally caught on before now
- Ways to “travel” when social distancing and sheltering-in-place
- Remember the travel things we complained about, like, two weeks ago?
- How to find out how much a taxi will cost ahead of time while traveling
- Where are the quietest seats on a plane?
- TripIt is making their Pro service free for 6 months
- What you get when you sign up for hotel programs
- Cruise ships in the South Pacific are in a bureaucratic limbo
- Looking back and looking ahead
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary