I’ve used TripIt for over a decade to keep my travel plans organized. All of my airline reservations, hotel bookings, rental cars, and even our theater and dinner schedules are kept in one place. While the basic version of TripIt is free, they offer a Pro membership for $49 a year. I’ve gladly spent the extra money for the last few years.
Because of the current state of constantly changing plans, with cancellations and reschedulings, TripIt is offering TripIt Pro free to everyone for the next six months.
Here are the benefits of TripIt Pro that currently may be helpful:
- Flight Status: Receive real-time flight alerts, such as delays and gate changes
- Alternate Flights: Find additional flight options when you need them
- Fare Tracker: Get notified if your airfare drops after you book
- Inner Circle: Keep your family and friends updated on your travel plans
I’ve found that the text messages from TripIt about my flight status (delays or gate changes) arrive before updates from the airline.
Some of the other services you get are:
- Go Now: Tells you when to leave for the airport
- Security Wait Times
- Connecting Flights: Tells you how to find your connecting gate
- Baggage Claim Info: Sends you baggage claim location when you land
- Discounted Clear Membership
- Seat Tracker: Lets you know if a better seat becomes available.
- Check-in Reminder: Gives you a heads up 24 hours before your flight
- International Travel Tools: Country-specific travel information
How to get the free upgrade?
If you’re new to TripIt, just sign up at this link between March 13 and March 31, and you’ll automatically get access to TripIt Pro for six months.
If you already have a TripIt account, use this link to upgrade your account to TripIt Pro.
What if I already paid for TripIt Pro?
It says something that the people behind TripIt immediately thought of their existing customers. I received this email from them a few days ago.
In response to increasing schedule changes and cancellations stemming from COVID-19, we want to do our part to help you stay as informed as possible when you travel.
As an existing TripIt Pro user, we’re automatically extending your subscription for an additional six months at no additional charge.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 11,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary