Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links a retention offer gone bad, the best value hotel in London, if you have some $$$ or minutes, the (kinda) new airport that (maybe) will be opening soon, preparing for coronavirus on the homefront, how to get your Netflix & Hulu onto your TV, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- So that’s why TSA PreCheck lines are getting longer
- A new use for Delta Skymiles, avoid these stamps on your passport, don’t eat these airport foods, & more
- Could Walt Disney World close due to coronavirus? Yes, I think so. Here’s why (SPOILERS: I was right)
- The stamps you should never get in your passport
- A surprisingly valuable use for Delta Skymiles
- Why do rental car companies charge for extra drivers and are there times you don’t have to pay it?
- I was right – United Airlines doesn’t deserve your business
- Why you shouldn’t buy these foods at airports
- New requirements for traveling on the bullet train in Japan
- What to do if your TSA PreCheck status isn’t on your boarding pass
- The guy who traveled from the U.S. to the U.K. without a passport
- United flight diverted due to passengers’ response to sneezing person
- Man’s laptop was broken on plane – here’s what Delta did
- Coronavirus isn’t like 9/11; it could end up being much worse
- How I skipped the 5-1/2 hour wait on hold to change my Delta flight
- There are travel hacks and there are TRAVEL HACKS. This was the latter, and it wasn’t good
- How to never leave behind anything that’s in your hotel safe
- You’re going to WDW for the first time – how do you even begin to plan? Here are some tips
- Citi Premier card – the underappreciated hero of the ThankYou cards
- We finally met one of San Francisco’s most famous residents
- How to prepare for airport security when flying with medication
- Five things to do instead of making travel plans
- Tourists will love this European country’s new way to ease traffic congestion
- A beginner’s guide to airline alliances
- Barcade: I found my 80s video game nirvana in Brooklyn
- Why am I expected to do the quality control for my hotel room?
- Cruise ships in the South Pacific are in a bureaucratic limbo
- Credit card review: Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Time’s running out! 70,000 bonus for the Delta Skymiles Gold Business Amex
- How to change or cancel a flight on Southwest
- 13 hotel superstitions for Friday the 13th
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 11,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary