Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links about a smart credit card tweak, how to snag the hotel room or plane seat you want, all the lounges at MCO, new 737 MAX Issues, good news about JetBlue miles, all about plane food, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- A surprisingly valuable use for Delta SkyMiles
- The stamps you should never get in your passport
- Why you shouldn’t buy these foods at airports
- Man’s laptop was broken on plane – here’s what Delta did
- Hotel elites, beware of this sneaky charge on your bill
- Is Barclays targeting a new audience with their credit cards?
- How do hotels figure out room assignments?
- I’ve found a use for my ThankYou points after the Prestige devaluation
- Less widely known reasons for why you may be ineligible for an exit row
- A conversation with a passenger who unknowingly had a Basic Economy ticket on United
- Cruise lines’ policy & itinerary changes in light of coronavirus
- Places around the world where you can stay for free (and they’re not dumps!)
- Free stuff you can get on a plane (even in the main cabin)
- Why is alcohol not included in the price of a cruise & only as a drink package or per glass?
- The better economy seats some passengers don’t even know existed
- These two AMEX offers are great, but you can do even better
- Staying at WDW with no car? Make sure Disney doesn’t charge you for overnight parking
- This woman is my packing hero
- Some of the weirdest hotel requests ever
- Ways to prevent home burglaries while you’re traveling
- Have you noticed the Uber & Lyft price increases that started on January 1st?
- Signing up for car rental programs and what each program will give you
- Deja vu all over again – 2 for 2 with new card applications
- How Harry Potter fans can save $37 to $160 (or more!) at Universal Orlando
- What it’s like to be a real-life Disney princess (and the best ways to meet them)
- How secure are airline WiFi networks?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 11,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary