Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday, we posted links about good Uber news (for a change), great airport perk, should exit row seating include a set of rules, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- A conversation with a passenger who unknowingly had a basic economy ticket on United
- Alaska vs. American – how can a similar plane feel so different?
- How you’ve been fooled at Walt Disney World & Disneyland
- Countries you can’t enter if you’ve gotten a DUI
- How hotels figure out room assignments
- Uber is fighting back after Lyft’s newest partnership
- Who won the battle between “Karen” & the United 1K member?
- DHS: More states may be banned from Global Entry (possibly TSA Pre-Check too)
- The items most often stolen from hotels (and the nationalities of who steals what)
- My new pet peeve about Alaska Airlines
- We knew the Amex RAT team was cracking down on referrals but not this much
- An easy way to check if your luggage is on the plane
- The most honest airline you’ll never see
- What to do when an airline breaks something in your luggage
- Should you avoid Chinatowns in the U.S. because of coronavirus?
- Stupid mistake: I never used a free night certificate
- How much should you tip housekeeping at extended stay hotels?
- Are City Passes worth it?
- The superstitious stuff passengers do when flying (including Joe!)
- The TSA says ice is a solid until it’s not (at least they still believe in science)
- We need to reward airlines when they do the right thing. So I did
- Hotel review: Hotel Adagio, San Francisco Autograph Collection
- Booking.com: make sure the place you’re getting is actually available
- Less widely known reasons for why you may be ineligible for an exit row
- How far in advance can you make airline, hotel & rental car reservations?
- New advocate working to ensure kids sit with parents, even in Basic Economy
- Flight delays increased in 2019 – here are the best, worst of them all
- Why do airlines care if we think their pilots are friendly?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 11,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary