Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last Sunday we posted links about how to buy a car with gift cards, the hotel with an identity crisis, how to get a refund on a non-refundable reservation, Ryanair’s newest debacle, the mysteries of Amex’s trip delay coverage, Canadian airport-turned-tourist attraction & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most popular articles this week:
- Who won the battle between “Karen” & the United 1K member?
- How to override hotel thermostat settings
- Cool event alert! Our dinner at the Pan Am Experience
- What it was like to fly 8 hours in Delta’s “worst” longhaul business class on a 767-400
- Should you pay for the loss damage waiver (LDW) when renting a car?
- Countries you can’t enter if you’ve gotten a DUI
- Do airlines consider a suit carrier a carry-on or personal item?
- Europeans’ opinions of U.S. destinations & citizens
- More hotels are removing dressers from their hotel rooms. Here’s why
- Walt Disney World & Disneyland raised ticket prices last week; here’s what they’ll cost you now
- Goodwill: U.S.-based airlines should take a lesson from Air New Zealand
- How I got over my fear of staying at a timeshare resort (and now I love them)
- Why so many motels & hotels are owned by Indian-Americans
- If you’re good at finding cheap airfare, here’s a challenge for you
- Where should I use my Hyatt free night certificates?
- Airbnb host’s demands: passive aggressive or just a clean freak?
- I bet this never happened when you got an exit row
- Alaska vs. American: how can a similar plane feel so different?
- How babies used to be treated on planes
- Why you should keep your Sapphire Preferred card
- Sometimes it pays to admit when you’ve made a mistake
- How to get into airport lounges when flying Jetblue from NY to Orlando
- How the gov’t is now trying to prevent airport meltdowns this October
- When, where and how to transfer your airline tickets to someone else
- The pre-trip wallet shuffle
- The best way to get Hamilton tickets if you have miles (or even if you don’t)
- Yes, you have to pay for seat assignments with Jetblue basic fare
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 11,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary