Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. On Sunday we posted links the bank that quietly dropped some major credit card benefits, how a stupid mistake cost the loss of thousands of miles, beware of the Google phone, removing language barrier during international travel, all about jet lag, new Harry Potter place in the works,, and more!. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- American Express premium cards now provide travel coverage, but don’t expect them to tell you about it
- Beware of this car rental nightmare
- “Don’t you know who I am?” She probably shouldn’t have asked that on the plane
- Why do hotels charge resort fees and how can you get out of paying it?
- A new (to me) alternate way for TSA Pre-Check enrollment
- The cities with the most bed bugs, according to Orkin
- Which is better, checking luggage or just doing carry-on?
- Want to take a picture of that particular iconic tourist destination? Better think twice. Here’s why
- Why you shouldn’t chew gum on a plane
- Two Orlando companies devise a workaround for new WDW stroller policy
- The end of the low cost carrier (LCC)
- Under a new proposal, emotional support animals may no longer be welcome in a plane cabin
- Credit cards that are on the cut list in 2020
- JetBlue increases checked bag fees but you shouldn’t have to pay for them
- Our stay at one of our favorite hotels in the world: Hotel Goldener Hirsch, Salzburg, Austria
- The reason we weren’t allowed into a Lufthansa lounge
- The best no-stars-required view of Munich is amazingly inexpensive
- So long, Hipmunk! Thanks for making travel more comfortable
- Our first experience booking with Virtuoso
- Aftermath: body of child found in plane undercarriage is identified & the steps to prevent another tragedy
- New travel restrictions for U.S.-bound pregnant women planned
- Why, when and how airlines decide what to charge you for flights
- Hijacking at PDX Airport (because video games are important)
- Why are we still obsessed with airplanes?
- The world history of passports & how long they’ve been around in the U.S.
- Add “poor response to alleged sexual assault” to what’s wrong with Spirit Airlines
- How to get all of your souvenirs home safely
- The precautions world airports are taking in light of the Coronavirus outbreak
- Our budget stay in Munich – hotel review: Motel One Sendlinger Tor
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 10,000+ members and we have 10,000+ members and where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary