Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. On Sunday we posted links about the upgrade you don’t want, the best spot for bags in overhead, NYC’s hotel’s adult-only mini golf, things that were NOT a big surprise, Marriott is #Bonvoying again, another UBER scam, and more!. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Hey Global Entry program, how does a problem like this even HAPPEN?
- The reason we weren’t allowed into a Lufthansa lounge
- 15-year-old gets through TSA checkpoint at MCO without a ticket, tries to use drink coupon
- I was today years old when I discovered this hack for a problem we have in almost every hotel room we’re in
- Someone stop me before I stay at a Marriott hotel again
- The history of avoiding parking fees at WDW parks and our suggestions of what to do nowadays
- The one hotel at Walt Disney World where you probably can’t stay
- UBER is in trouble again. This time it’s banned in an entire country
- The cities with the most bed bugs, according to Orkin
- Do you need to tell your credit cards that you’re traveling?
- American Airlines is the first to launch mobile app passport scanning
- Why airlines change flight times by a couple of minutes here and there
- This is the single most annoying thing when speaking with customer service representatives
- I really thought Spirit Airlines was doing better. Maybe not so much
- The iconic tourist destination that you’re not allowed to take pictures of
- For a country that’s the most powerful in the world, our U.S. passports sure can’t (and it’s getting worse)
- The flights for our Japan trip are booked and I couldn’t be happier
- Delta’s meal reservation program is fine but it’s nothing like “Book The Cook”
- When you shouldn’t use airline co-brand credit cards to pay for airfare (updated for 2020)
- Hilton brings back their least rewarding promotion, Points Unlimited
- Why you should get a Southwest credit card with increased 75,000 point sign up bonus
- How to get free tickets for TV show tapings in New York City
- How I spread our credit card spending for the last six months of 2019
- Follow up: American Airlines fixed their booking error as best as they could (which wasn’t very well)
- Ever wanted to be a real mermaid? This weekend camp cam make it happen
- Flight review: Lufthansa A319-100 economy, FRA-SZG
- Tragic: body of “child stowaway” found in Air France plane undercarriage
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary