Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. On Sunday we posted links about one TINY hotel room, some AMAZING minibars, the most interesting transatlantic flight out there, beware of measles, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Why I canceled my American Express Platinum card
- How to get around the TSA rule and carry more shampoo, lotion, etc. in your carry on bags
- Delta: the airline that sees your point (but doesn’t do anything about the problem)
- Lessons learned when trying to redeem an American Airlines voucher
- Airline asked passengers to leave the plane because “too heavy”
- Nearly 20 things that had to be banned at Walt Disney World
- What a cool Visa card! (and why we’ll never get it)
- Have Global Entry? We have some good news and some bad news
- What to do if you leave your electronics at the TSA checkpoint (and it happens all the time)
- Ways to find hidden cameras in your Airbnb rental
- A dozen ultimate hotel fails (part 2)
- What some of the world’s crabbiest people say about some of the most beloved places on earth
- The worst hotels in the world according to Trip Advisor
- What happens to planes after they’re retired?
- American Airlines is at it again, offering status to people for nothing
- Which credit card should I have used for this purchase?
- Are we one step closer to the end of Disney’s free transportation between MCO and WDW?
- It’s 2020 so why are we still signing credit card receipts?
- The significance of the colors of passport covers (yep, there really are reasons)
- The worst resort hotel fee ever?
- Hotel review: two different room types at the TWA Hotel, JFK Airport, New York
- For a transcon flight, our options ranged from bad to worse
- Restaurant review: Cask and Larder, Orlando Int’l Airport
- The things that make travelers the happiest when flying
- The best two-card combo for getting started earning points
- Can you check bags to your destination with two different reservations?
- It’s a new year so these places will cost more to visit, stay overnight, park a car, etc. (but one place now costs LESS!)
- Lots of heavy luggage? There’s a way to make the trip easier
- Why I love coming home after traveling (which of these can you relate to?)
- The rest of the TWA Hotel has to offer – fining, drinks, relaxation, fitness and a touch of kitsch
- My top travel moments of 2019
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary