Never mind a whole new month, it’s a whole new year! Happy New Year, travel friends!
Here are our most popular posts for December 2019. Some of them were actually written before December (heads up that rules and offers change and we can’t guarantee that those older ones are still accurate), so take a look to make sure you didn’t miss any of the good stuff:
- How to tell if you’ll be asked to gate check your carry-on bag
- This is what happens if someone tries to open the airplane door during a flight
- Why are airplane seats usually blue?
- Have Global Entry? We have some good news and some bad news
- How to get around the TSA liquid rule and carry more shampoo, lotion, etc. in your carry-on
- It’s like a parking garage…for your butt…in an airport
CAR RENTALS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
- Uber loses its license to operate in one of its biggest markets due to safety concerns
- Make sure to do this one thing before your next car rental
- How to avoid crazy toll charges when renting a car in Orlando
- Why I cancelled my American Express Platinum card
- Why you should keep a credit card that’s been discontinued
- What a cool Visa card! (and why we can’t get it)
DISNEY THEME PARKS
- Are we one step closer to the end of Disney’s free transportation between MCO and WDW?
- What does WDW do with its leftover food? (the answer might not be what you’d think)
- Nearly 20 things that had to be banned at WDW
- Spirit has a lot of issues but you can’t say their flight attendants don’t have a sense of humor
- If you stay at the TWA Hotel, be careful not to do this
- What was this hotel room designer THINKING?
HOTELS & PLACES TO STAY
- How to get an upgraded hotel room 100% of the time
- The worst resort hotel fee ever
- Ways to find hidden cameras in your Airbnb rental
- The significance of the colors of passport covers (yep, there really are reasons)
- The general public can only go here for one hour, once a year, and the time is almost here
- Visiting the places in Salzburg, Austria where they filmed The Sound of Music, without a tour
- Locked the zipper on your suitcase? Thieves can still easily get in. Here’s what to do about that
- What to do if you leave your electronics at the TSA checkpoint (and it happens ALL the time)
- One important thing to bring when traveling in the U.S.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group (that has over 10,000 members) – we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary