Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about if this bank was sexist, when NOT to go to a hotel, something for free if you’re using Mastercard, what to do if you’re flying from Canada to the U.S. with marijuana, a positioning flight gone wrong, is it worth flying to Europe for a long weekend?, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about how Amex is up to its own tricks again, some nice Disney discounts, should American Airlines be concerned?, Google Translate’s amazing upgrade, how to avoid online hoaxes, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- The little known airport on Walt Disney World property
- Check your AMEX accounts for these easy to use offers
- Avoid this foreign currency ripoff at all costs
- How did an X-wing fighter show up on FlightAware?
- How hotels try to fool you to get you to make a reservation (and how you can combat it)
- What is manufactured spending and why do people do it?
- My friend is staying in a hotel that has a great sense of humor
- Grab your bathing suit (or not!) – the Big Nude Boat cruise is taking reservations
- Hotel employees reveal secrets about hotels
- This is why you shouldn’t fall asleep in your UBER
- Why are airplane windows so small?
- A risk of booking airline awards with partner airlines
- Learning the social norms of a foreign country before you visit, so you don’t look like a jerk
- If you let your guard down, even a seasoned New Yorker can fall for a scam
- You want discount tickets to Walt Disney World? Here’s where to look and where not to!
- Are credit card concierge services worth anything?
- Is this the fix for airlines to transport luggage between the plane & the terminal faster?
- Credit cards are adding cell phone coverage but their benefits aren’t all the same
- Credit card review: Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express
- TripHobo – for when you know where you’re going but need help with an itinerary
- Here’s what passengers say they want most – will airlines deliver?
- Why do loyalty programs send mystery offers?
- How old is too old to rent a car?
- Why JetBlue offering nonrefundable fares isn’t a big deal
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary