Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about an easy way to get free American points, best way to deal with this credit card, how to get Disney+ for free, flights to Cuba will be changing, if it’s not yours & you’re not using it, give it back, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about how to avoid baggage fees, how to get to the gate without a ticket, ways to make a Disney vacation cheaper, airlines have never gotten entertainment right, how to get the toughest ticket in town, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- When we had dinner inside Walt Disney World’s Haunted Mansion
- International tipping guide: who, what, why, where, when & how much, for anywhere in the world
- Affordable hotels with million dollar views
- Why do hotels charge for parking and how can you get around having to pay for it?
- It’s official. I have to stop giving Sharon grief about keeping her AMEX green card
- The two people buried on a runway at a major U.S. airport
- Is Delta’s SkyMiles Select subscription worth it?
- Something free at Walt Disney World & Disneyland? Of course it wouldn’t last
- Pack your toothbrush very carefully when you travel. Here’s why
- Why don’t airlines let you change names on your ticket? And what can you do about it?
- IHG targets frequent travelers with their newest promotion
- Everything you may or may not have known about the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland & Walt Disney World
- Battery/charger in luggage explodes at Chicago’s Midway Airport (but not how you’d think)
- The cards I am now using for travel expenses
- The best awards flight I ever booked wasn’t even for me
- How many guests can you bring into a lounge with Priority Pass Select? It’s complicated
- Every time we agree we’re not going to use CLEAR anymore, Joe finds another excuse to renew it
- Because fraud is so common, I almost fell for a phishing scheme
- Best laid plans foiled by flight cancellations, Part 2
- You might be a travel addict if…
- This is what could happen if you drop your phone while on a Disney ride and try to retrieve it yourself
- The one thing I have to do before staying at any hotel
- Details of the first state where hotels must have panic buttons for safety emergencies
- World’s first chocolate cruise set to sail in 2020
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary