Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about a credit card fee reduced to $0, how to avoid closing the wrong account, making the most of a free hotel night, news about green AMEX, the WDW Star Wars hotel, the 20-hour Qantas flight, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about how to avoid baggage fees, see if you’re ready for a nudist resort, how we could get significant flight discounts, no more frequent flyers?, great deal for Thanksgiving, Spirit Airlines in the news again, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Expecting a package while away? Here’s what to do for USPS, UPS, FedEx & Amazon
- First impressions after using Lyft for 2 weeks instead of Uber
- Something free at Walt Disney World & Disneyland? Of course it couldn’t last…
- How many guests can you bring into a lounge with Priority Pass Select? It’s complicated (updated October, 2019)
- 15 secrets Disney employees will usually never tell you
- Rented a car at MCO & now returning it? Don’t fill up your gas tank here
- Careful, JetBlue – People can work the system of your new program to their advantage
- The best ranking car rental companies in the U.S. are…
- Hotel chains are adding all inclusive properties but they’re just not for me
- The closest places to MCO to get “normal” priced gas before returning your rental car
- What to do if you miss your flight
- Airline boarding groups” the master list (updated October, 2019)
- Dear airlines: can you please somehow fix this?!?!
- Product/company review: Tom Bihn – great travel bags & even great customer service
- Ten affordable hotels with million dollar views
- Snack cart: the most important part of the flight
- Seven things I learned after a two-week work assignment
- My hotel room touted a turbo chill fridge. WTH is a turbo chill fridge???
- Here’s the one place that Frontier doesn’t always charge a fee
- Things you do (or don’t do) that could make you miss your flight (or be worried that you might)
- Why toilets on planes are so loud & the researchers that made a way to make them more quiet
- How planes stay safe when there’s no radar
- Hotel review: Hampton Inn NY-JFK, Jamaica NY
- Earn airline miles while eating out (airline dining programs master list)
- Credit card review: gold Delta Skymiles American Express
- Maybe airlines can follow in this resort’s footsteps to reduce their carbon footprint
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary