Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about what to do when you’re getting credit card application denials, why Centurion lounges will get more crowded, how to get 15% off at Target, should you freak out about all these program changes, craziness on the tarmac, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about Delta card offer with 75,000 bonus miles & no lifetime restrictions, an easy way to double your points, will this be the end of overheard space issues?, new reasons to avoid LAX, the beginning of the end of hidden hotel fees? & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Mystery woman sneaks onto Delta flight with no I.D. & no plane ticket
- Seven apps you need to have when traveling
- The one thing I wish hotel housekeeping would stop doing
- This setting for Google Maps gives you more control over direction results
- Hotels have found a new way to keep you from changing the temperature in your room
- Should you keep old & expired passports?
- When visiting Coney Island, eat here, not there
- Mile for mile, the shortest flight in the world is also the most expensive economy class flight out there
- How to be cheap and frugal when you travel but still be smart about it
- Avis is having a promotion that sounds very familiar
- Has anyone else noticed this about the TWA Hotel?
- The strangest restaurant bathroom I’ve ever experienced
- I’ve heard of gifts for fellow passengers when a crying baby is on a plane, but this is ridiculous
- Passengers on an American Airlines flight exposed to hepatitis A
- Delta removed the fight we were booked on from their schedule (but only for 19 days)
- Considering Airbnb as a guest or a host? Better read this first.
- Look! Up in the sky! It’s a Coke plane! It’s a Pepsi plane! It’s…
- The hotel run by people who are differently-abled
- Vindication! An UBER driver gave me a huge compliment
- What’s a free hotel night actually worth?
- Starbucks BINGO is back. Is playing worth your time?
- Disney’s failed mobile phone service
- How to prevent theft at the airport TSA screening checkpoint
- Are you short Delta Skymiles for an award? Amex may lend you the miles
- Study: travelers’ satisfaction with airports has stagnated. Here’s why
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary