Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Earlier this year, we wrote about where resort fees & other hidden charges had been banned. This week Brian at The Gate wrote about legislation to protect consumers from these hidden fees in the U.S., as well.
- The Washington Post recently did a story on six ways you can travel the world by house sitting. We’ve used one of the services mentioned – Trusted Housesitters. Here’s what our experience was like, as people who got house/pet sitters while we were out of town for 3 weeks (spoilers – we loved it!).
- Not long ago, we wrote about the nightmare that was LGA during construction, where people were leaving their cars in order to get to their planes on time. Gilbert from God Save The Points wrote a post about how LAX is essentially saying, “Oh yeah? Hold my beer.“
- We recently posted about how to not be THAT guy/gal/airport/airline. Our friends at Family Flys Free recently posted about a jerk whose behavior should be added to our list. Or even worse, maybe he should be added to this website!
- Ziggy at Traveling For Miles wrote about the new overheads that Air France is going to start installing. Please, oh PLEASE let some U.S.-based airlines follow suit, so unfortunate incidents like this don’t happen anymore!
- We thought it was bad enough that airlines didn’t have lifesaving drugs appropriate for children in their emergency medical kits. The New York Times is reporting they don’t always have adequate supplies for adults, either – and the Federal government is OK with that. Hope no one goes into anaphylactic shock up there in the wild blue yonder.
- Patrick from Frequent Flyer Bonuses reports about the Enterprise Car Rental promotion where you can double your points. I’d have to do the math to see if it’s as good as the $9.99 rentals that Hertz is offering, but either way, it’s still not a bad deal at all!
- Our friends at Miles To Memories posted about a targeted offer for Delta cards with no lifetime restrictions, plus up to 75,000 bonus miles, AND the possibility of a $200 statement credit. Sweet!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary