Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the case of the missing 140,000 points, Marriott’s delusions about Bonvoy, are cashback cards a good thing?, workaround for Tokyo Olympics hotel woes, how to go to Antarctica on points, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about the best way to maximize your points, hotel chain that’s in trouble again, ultimate place to get hive mind travel advice, what happened when Warner Brothers tried to control a Harry Potter-themed event, bus instead of plane?, kudos to one of our own, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- With all the changes in the premium card space, the American Express Platinum card looks appealing again
- It was only a matter of time before an Uber driver tried to scam me
- Reopening announcement of FL Keys all-inclusive resort that burned down soon after grand opening
- I never knew this was such a popular item to buy from a hotel lobby
- What do all those letters and numbers on your boarding pass mean?
- How to be cheap and frugal when you travel, but still be smart about it
- What if I don’t want to live like a local when I travel?
- I can’t believe I actually did this when I got to my hotel room
- Frequent flyers should pay more taxes to decrease planes’ carbon footprint?
- It’s going to take how long for my Hyatt free night to show up in my account?
- Multiple Disney+ TV discounts available. Act soon, some end quickly
- This might be the longest hotel transition ever
- Reminder: if you’re flying to New Zealand & don’t need a visa, you’ll need a waiver
- Flying? How to not be THAT guy/gal/airline/airport
- Vindication! An Uber driver gave me a huge compliment
- This vacation is a control freak’s nightmare (and I’m still interested)
- How do airlines schedule so many flights, all at the same time?
- The airports in North America with the fastest (and slowest) free Wi-Fi
- The new policy for strollers, wheelchairs & ECV/scooters at Walt Disney World
- Twenty-five cool & awesome things some creative hotels did
- Safety concerns vs. government edict: FAA to test if U.S. airplane seats are too tight for emergency evacuations
- Five reasons you should be using Award Wallet
- WDW’s Epcot: the originally planned attractions & countries that were never built
- The holiday season is getting closer: lots of discounts for ICE! 2019 at the Gaylord Palms
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary