Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about watching out for Airbnb AGAIN, new United promotion, warning if flying to/through this country, the celebs who flew on a low cost airline (like they were regular people or something!), the value of Citi ThankYou points & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about is that ticket is still valid?, don’t pay resort fees if you don’t have to, how to drive someone crazy while traveling, traveling while sick, the oddest thing checked yet, a popular Central FL tourist company expands, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- What’s the best way to maximize earnings for gas purchases?
- Ten really cool places for geeks & nerds to visit in NYC
- Professional video of backstage at WDW (mid-1980’s U.S. TB show, 100% OKed by Disney)
- The U.S. airports with the longest & shortest TSA security wait times
- Should you prepay for gas with your rental car?
- Impressions from my first visit to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando
- Why does the TSA swab your hands, phone, laptop, food, bag, shoes, etc.?
- Southwest ending all non-stop flights between New York City & Orlando
- Have you ever seen a hotel ad that was as ridiculously accurate as this one?
- British Airways submits plan for site that would turn landfill waste into aviation fuel
- The travel emergency codes you’re not supposed to know about
- Is it safe to park your car at airport lots/garages?
- Step aside, Chick-fil-A; there could be a new chicken sandwich restaurants in airports
- Come on IHG, it’s like you’re not even trying with Accelerate offers anymore
- A woman on a plane found WHAT in her shoe? A SNAKE? Nope, nope, nope. Just…nope. I’m outta here
- The end of an era – saying goodbye to our SPG AMEX cards
- A scaredy cat’s guide to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights
- I’ll take “Why Did My Hotel Code As Airfare” for 5X points, Alex
- Long layover? Missed your flight? Bored at the airport? Maybe do this
- Differences between the luxury hotel program for Sapphire Reserve cardholders & the one for everyone else
- Bad Credit Marketing 101: get our card, it’s the heaviest!
- Lawsuit: American Airlines kicked black man off plane so dog could fly first class
- This is why you should pay attention to the flight attendant’s safety demo
- Through the kindness of Hilton, I’m stuck at Gold status – they won’t let me be Diamond
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary