Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- If you know somebody long enough, and especially if you live with them, eventually there will be a few things you each do that drive each other a little crazy. Joe and I each have our own quirks that may or may not be harmless. Apparently, Mark from Miles To Memories drives his wife crazy because of this one thing he does in hotels. I don’t know what he’s going to do when that really isn’t an option anymore. Well, yes I do…there’s always this hack.
- I liked this article about the woman who tried to use a ticket from 1985 to get into Disneyland. It reminded me of what United said to the guy who had a voucher from 1998 that he wanted to use towards a flight.
- Roadwarriorette wrote a very good post about what to do if you have to travel when you’re not feeling well. The only three things I would add are these:
1. If you have a stuffed up nose and have to fly, use these things – they can do wonders in helping to decrease or even stop severe air pain from the cabin pressure.
2. Here are a few ways to help you stay healthy while traveling.
3. This is an easy way to avoid exposure to a bunch of germs at the airport.
4. A few more things to consider if you’re flying while you’re sick.
- Ziggy from Traveling For Miles gave us a warning that we may be paying resort fees we shouldn’t be paying. If you’ve ever wondered how and why resort fees came about, check out this article. Oh, and don’t listen to what the Marriott CEO says about resort fees – he obviously has NO clue. I know that resort fees are here to say, but I wish they would be treated like they are in this country.
- Gary from A View From The Wing wrote about the man who checked donuts as luggage and then started eating them, while wearing no shirt, on the baggage carousel. It reminded me of the guy whose only checked luggage was a can of beer. It arrived safely but I don’t think he drank it as soon as it arrived on the carousel 😉
- One of the more popular stroller rental companies in Central Florida is Main Street Strollers – for a long while, they had THE best prices in town for Keenz Stroller rentals. Of course, then Disney put limits on how big strollers could be – here’s a list of common strollers that are and aren’t allowed. Well, apparently Main Street Strollers are still doing OK because they just opened a storefront in Las Vegas. Good for them!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary