I think most of us have stayed in enough hotels to know when we’re staying in one that’s truly special, with experiences you don’t get to have in other establishments, and when we’re in one that’s just like every other hotel out there.
This is a salute to the latter…
Ain’t it the truth!
By the way, some of the replies/potential additions to this YouTube video are just as good as the video itself:
- A continental breakfast that starts running out of food at 8:30am
- A “Do Not Disturb” sign to hang on your door for housekeeping to completely ignore
- The curtains that don’t actually block light, so you’re woken up at 4 AM every day
- The comforter tucked in so tight it is impossible to get under and once you’re in you can’t pull it up at all
- The bed always has 5 extra pillows, none of them comfortable (that’s one of Joe’s pet peeves)
- An ice machine located in the hallway so you can fill up the recycling bin in your room with ice to keep your alcohol cold
- The toilet lid that is so flimsy it sinks in when you sit down to put your socks on
- Welcome to Hotel Inn: Where we charge you $40 for parking on top of your $300 room fee (this is why they do that)
- Kids and dogs running over your head all night long
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary