Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about how to get a free flight and/or save 50% off your room, I’d avoid that country right now, plane window shade open or closed?, dining as an experience, WDW Christmas vacation packages…don’t do it!, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about avoiding this travel hoax, using a debit card for car rentals, how to get your money back if your flight price goes down, Harry Potter Halloween event, Virgin Train & MCO update, pets on vacation, & more! & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- These are America’s most hated travel companies
- When it comes to earning points and miles, I’d rather be the tortoise than the hare
- AAA membership provides more than roadside assistance – they save you money on travel!
- How bad is it at LGA? People are leaving their cars and walking to the airport
- My unusual toilet encounter at the Epicurean Hotel
- How Disney’s Tower of Terror works: from before the 5th dimension to the fall
- Masterpass is evolving, but into what?
- International travel without a passport – it’s starting
- What do award booking services provide and who should use them?
- How you can earn double (or more!) SkyMiles on your Delta flight by checking a bag
- Need to eat at the airport but can’t get food because of reasons? There’s an app for that!
- Traveling internationally & need cash? Don’t get ripped off by these ATMs
- What’s that white vapor/smoke/fog/mist on planes that blows into the cabin?
- AMEX sent me a great referral offer for the Everyday Preferred card, but there’s one catch…
- Ten gestures that are innocent in the U.S. but offensive in other countries
- What positioning flights are, and some of the common mistakes when booking them
- Frontier says all those checked bag fees are good for the environment
- Attn: Orlando visitors – new road toll on its way, with a potential $25 penalty
- It’s possible to get work done on a plane with no WiFi
- Why is flying so expensive, and then how are budget airlines so cheap?
- That time when it almost became law to use fitted sheets in hotels
- 180 reasons why you should use AutoSlash for every car rental
- Cruise ship crew member had a wicked sense of humor…or maybe she was just being polite
- Is it worth the extra money to book a room directly from the hotel’s website?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary