Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Gilbert at God Save The Points, as well as several travel bloggers out there posted the exciting news that Google Flights can now get you money back if the price of your flight drops. This does sound like a very cool, at least as long as it remains free ;-). Google has offered some other cool things in the past, such as telling you where public toilets are (it was really a health & safety thing, but still awesome for tourists), and the best places from which to take selfies while traveling. Of course, there was also the time last month that Google maps seemed to be, well, drunk…but we can all have a bad day, right?
- It was exciting to read that when Virgin Trains USA begins service in Central FL in a few years, MCO will become the first airport in the country where airline passengers can travel by rail directly to other cities (that’s NBD in Europe, but in the U.S., that’s HUGE!). Here’s what we know and question about Virgin Trains USA so far, and what our trip was like on Brightline (the current name for the railway; it will officially to Virgin Trains USA when the route is closer to completion) a few months ago (spoilers: it’s lovely!). Oh, and we visited the still-being-constructed terminal at MCO where the Virgin Train will be.
- Michael from Inside The Magic posted that Hogwarts After Dark is going to return to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London this autumn. Joe and I have been to a lot of places where Harry Potter was filmed, and have visited Warner Bros. Studio Tour London twice in the past few years. With no planned trips to London this fall, I’m disappointed we’re going to miss this event again, even with its high price tag.
- Rental car companies don’t like debit cars. I think most of us already knew that. But Kyle from Live And Let’s Fly goes into WHY they don’t like them. it’s a good read. BTW, here’s a way that you CAN use a debit card to rent a car. 😉
- I can’t believe that some people still fall for hoaxes and imposter sites. We wrote about how to avoid travel hoaxes, but this is even worse than what we warned about.
- Nancy at Miles For Family wrote a great post about taking pets on vacation. Unfortunately, I’m wound way too tight to do that. As it is, if we bring Dobby to someone’s house, I’m constantly worried she’s going to do something she shouldn’t, and I can’t enjoy myself. I suspect the same would hold true if we went on vacation with her. So this is what we did with Dobby when we went to Australia and Japan for 3 weeks – it was PERFECT!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary