These situations happen practically every day:
- You’re traveling from Airport A, with just a 1-hour layover at Airport B before you continue on to Airport C, and the line + wait for your restaurant of choice is too long.
- You travel from Airport A and land at Airport B fifteen minutes after the very last restaurant in the airport closes.
- You’re traveling from Airport A and your plane is going to leave out of Terminal B, but your favorite airport restaurant is at Terminal D and you don’t have the time or the airline ticket to get you past security to get to that terminal (this has happened to us when we want to eat at Cask & Larder at MCO).
So what do you do? Stay hungry? Grab a candy bar or a 2-day old salad at the kiosk next to the Hudson news? Buy a snack box on the plane?
What if I told you there was an app you can use so you could order food from the airport, and it’d be delivered right to your gate? Because there is!
AtYourGate is an app-based on-demand delivery service wherein you can order food for delivery inside the airport. Founded in 2015, the LLC is currently servicing:
- San Diego International Airport
- John F. Kennedy Airport Terminal 7 & 8
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- Minneapolis Saint Paul Airport
- LaGuardia Airport
- Portland International Airport
Here’s how it works:
Not mentioned on the video, but you can even order your food while you’re still on the plane, if you have WiFi available.
Our friend Jeremiah recently had the opportunity to use AtYourGate, when he was traveling from San Diego to Orlando. He had just attended Comic Con and AtYourGate offered $5 off food delivery.
He followed the directions:
And he said the process was pretty seamless.
First, he told AtYourGate his airport and gate:
And then he had a choice of about a dozen restaurants and storefronts at SAN to choose from (AtYourGate can also deliver things from non-food establishments. So if, for an example, you’re having a makeup emergency, they can go to MAC for you):
Once he had his restaurant of choice picked out, he could pick whatever he wanted from the (pretty complete) menu, and pay with a credit card (AtYourGate partners with GOLO, a mobile ordering platform and part of the Paysafe Group):
AtYourGate kept Jeremiah up-to-date with the status of his food, as well as confirmation of when it had been delivered:
Jeremiah said his food was delivered in about 20 minutes and it was hot (and delicious!).
They also supplied a full receipt. Note that Jeremiah’s delivery fee was $2.99 but that fee is reported to vary from $2.99 to $7.99, based on circumstances:
The AtYourGate app is available on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. It sounds like a great system and I hope they continue to expand. Um, hellooooo….MCO!
*** Many thanks to Jeremiah G., who shared his experience of using AtYourGate
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary