Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about how to earn an easy 1500 Membership Rewards, how to make your Hilton Honors account harder to hack, getting something better than 82K Avios, not getting a $125 refund, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about caution using WiFi in Airbnbs, don’t be THAT GUY on the plane, an airline’s social media mistake, Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion’s 50th birthday, travel product reviews, best & worst places to charge electronics at airports, WDW’s Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge review, & more! & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Sorry Starbucks, I love you but I’m (still) not going to sign up for your credit card
- What’s up with all the Brazilian tour groups at Walt Disney World? (& some advice about them)
- How to get free upgrades from hotels
- Product Review: Pacsafe portable safe (because hotel safes may not be all that safe)
- My new advice when choosing between TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- A few inches makes all the difference (when it comes to bag size)
- How Harry Potter Land almost went to Disney (and why we should be happy it didn’t)
- United just gave another reason to never pay full price for CLEAR
- Holy fuzzy flying mammals, Batman! There was a BAT flying loose on a Spirit Airlines flight!
- Bring your Sirius XM subscription into your rental car
- How great does a lounge have to be to schedule a long stopover?
- Universal Orlando announces 4th theme park: “Universal’s Epic Universe”
- Check out all of these hotel offers from AMEX
- Should you get the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Sapphire Preferred?
- Comparing the iPad Pro vs. MacBook Air for working on the road
- What to do when your tray table is so broken & tilted that stuff slides off it
- A lesson in why you need to get your passport stamped when you enter a foreign country
- How to fold a suit so it doesn’t wrinkle in your suitcase
- The newest theme park featuring rides based on blockbuster film franchises just opened in China
- Why did frequent flyer programs start?
- Should you be concerned about this hotel scam alert?
- Come see MCO…grow (based on what we’ve seen so far, the new terminal is going to rock!)
- Credit card review: American Express Business Gold card
- Why we stay loyal to airline brands (and why we sometimes shouldn’t)
- Which card’s application rules are worse, AMEX or Chase?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.