Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- This Friday, August, 9th, Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion will turn 50 years old. FIFTY! Michael from Inside The Magic wrote a great post about the “birthday attraction,” including a synopsis on its history, the special event and art exhibit Disneyland is hosting, special events that Disney fans are hosting, and, of course, merchandise.
- Over the course of writing this blog, we’ve reviewed several travel-related items, usually just because we liked it or occasionally because we were asked to. So you can check out what we’ve written about:
• Soarigami (stops the problem of “who gets the armrest?”)
• Tom Bihn bags & customer service
• American Tourister under the seat “personal” size bag
• spAIRtray (gives you more storage space on a plane)
• Pacsafe (portable safe because hotel safes are not as safe as you’d think)
I also love to read product reviews, in case it’s something I might like to have. Case in point, C Boarding Group just reviewed the Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle, and it sounds like a winner!
- Gary from View From The Wing reported about rapper Busta Rhymes getting into a confrontation with another passenger over overhead bin space. Oh, if only everyone involved had read our posts about “Flying? How to not be THAT gal/guy/airline/airport.”
- The Flight Detective gave these suggestions about the best airport charging stations. They all look really cool! Just remember to not try to use these plugs, and consider getting one of these to help keep your data safe.
- Ben posted about the social media faux pas easyJet recently made on Twitter. They are definitely not going to go on my list of favorite travel-related Twitter accounts!
- Huffington Post recently posted about why you shouldn’t use the WiFi in your Airbnb. Not surprisingly, one of the suggestions they made to keep yourself safe is the same as this one that we made a while back.
- The Star Wars themed Galaxy’s Edge land at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios opened for Cast Member (Disneyspeak for “employees”) previews the other day. CMs had to sign up ahead of time to gain entrance on specific days at specific times and were allowed to bring one person. Apparently, Molly from AllEars.net was a “+1” and she wrote a review of her visit. Joe is going with a CM friend of his early next week – he is VERY excited.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary