Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about a “surprise gift” in a hotel room, what to do about unfair rental car fees, how to tell if a redemption is good, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about IHG & United announcements, something EPIC is coming, the things couples do on planes & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Know where you’re going but need help with an itinerary? Try Visitacity!
- Is Chase giving better rewards to less expensive cards?
- What can you do when you might miss your connecting flight?
- Now that Southwest is leaving Newark, what are your options?
- Speed & cost: a comparison of on-site vs. off-site airport parking
- Celebration, Florida: the not-so-perfect town that Disney built
- Should you stay near the airport or in the city?
- Florida airports get into a tweet war over…Chili’s?
- Check your AMEX accounts for these restaurant offers
- At this rate, I’m going to have free credit monitoring for my entire life
- Why don’t most hotel rooms have ceiling fans?
- The hotels that rank highest for guest satisfaction
- Study: planes are not prepared for kids’ medical emergencies, including allergic reactions
- Credit card review: Gold Delta SkyMiles Business American Express credit card
- I’ve been fascinated with this NYC project for years & it’s closer than ever to actually happening
- Should you sign up for credit cards from outside the U.S.?
- Why does London have so many airports?
- How to earn a 20% to 30% rebate on your car rental with Amazon — but should you?
- Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to steal the hotel toiletries
- Travel warnings other countries have about visiting the U.S. (wow, do they have us pegged!)
- What is Priority Pass and how can you get a membership? (updated August 2019)
- A dozen of the most ultimate hotel fails
- Eight commonly heard questions about Chase’s 5/24 rule for new card applications
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary