Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about a solved mystery flight, Citi shenanigans, large hotel closed, what to do with cards you don’t use often, passport reminder, Air Canada & IHG redemption changes, has Basic Economy improved? & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about here’s how bad that airline ids, a look back on some loved (and not) theme parks, hey that’s MY seat, the escapades of older people traveling with technology, the Twilight house is ow an Airbnb, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Dear TSA: Wait, I can EXPLAIN!
- Did the U.S. State Dep’t just triple how long it takes to get a passport?
- How to pick the best seat on a Southwest flight flight
- Thinking of storming Area 51? Here are some things to help you with your travels
- Three ways to be a better customer when you travel
- What vaccines do you need if you’re traveling out of the country?
- The world’s happiest airports
- The rabies alert at WDW & your safety in relation to the wild/feral animals in & around the area
- How to sign up for Las Vegas loyal programs & what you get when you do
- Time’s running out to get the increased bonus for the JetBlue credit cards
- The coolest (craziest?) hotel & Airbnb listings I’ve ever seen
- Uber testing monthly subscription that includes discounted & free services
- Here are the best airlines to pick for your American Express air travel credit
- How to maximize your points earned with a large expense
- Why are airplanes usually painted white?
- Our vacation is all planned! And now…we wait
- Toddler injured while riding on ATL conveyor belt
- You know those floating mountains of Pandora at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Here’s how engineers made it happen
- 10 things that you just don’t see in hotels anymore
- Why are some hotel rooms so damp?
- Need a passport photo? Don’t get it done here
- How to travel with a medium or large group and not go insane
- How I overcome my biggest weakness when it comes to booking award travel
- Want to bet these plane seats will become more expensive?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary