Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the stupidest way to damage a hotel, how far can you go with 40K?, most terrifying theme park attraction, United’s blame, MD-80’s retirement, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about United did WHAT?, Disney Haunted Mansion event, change of snack cart heart, “interesting” airline employee & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- It’s like Let’s Make A Deal, but for hotels! “Would you like the points, or a tree?”
- Can you trust Trip Advisor?
- What airport lounges can you get into with the American Express (AMEX) Platinum card?
- What medications should you bring with you when flying?
- The 4 things you should never spend your money on at an airport
- The Walt Disney World transportation system that few people know much about
- How did I wind up with 3 different point value Marriott free night certificates?
- This new way to search for awards found me a ticket for 8,000 miles
- Going to this country? If you don’t need a visa, you’ll soon need a waiver
- With no U.S. cruise lines allowed, this ship is now docked in Havana instead
- Why do planes fly at 35,000 feet?
- Marriott’s summer promo has something good going for it
- A new (to me) way to get cheap Broadway show tickets AND a $50 restaurant gift card, too!
- Here’s my Citi card strategy after the ThankYou card devaluations
- Could stand-up seats in airplanes actually/finally be in our near future?
- Want to sleep in WDW’s Cinderella Castle Suite? Now might be your chance
- Southwest wants everyone to have a companion pass
- This is definitely the wrong way to handle a money dispute at a hotel
- Trip review: Mount Bromo, Java, Indonesia
- Why can’t we have nice things? (a.k.a. how to actually help people with their travel questions)
- And the award for the slowest airport to exit for international arrivals goes to…
- It’s worth paying an extra $20 on a hotel room to keep my marriage healthy
- The best travel apps, as per J.D. Power
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary