Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about that 4th night free from Citi, bad news about WiFi on American, update on kids fly free, booking a risky ticket, returning a lost wallet overseas, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about an unexpected upgrade, traveling naked people, a petition to save a travel icon, business trips, new food on JAL, new con for haunt & horror fans & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Our favorite restaurants in Central Florida that are off Disney/Universal property
- Late returning your rental car? It could cost you an extra day’s rental charge
- Going out of town? What to bring, what not to bring, & tricks of the trade
- How to guarantee your suitcase will be easy to find in a sea of luggage
- Booze in Disney parks: the history of why you couldn’t drink then, and now you (sometimes) can
- Things you notice when visiting the same location multiple times
- Well, this is someone you don’t expect to see working at London Heathrow!
- There are online classes to learn about traveling on a budget & you can pay what you want for them
- Should you wear sunscreen if you have the window seat on a plane?
- I like being able to choose my rental car but I hate choosing a rental car
- RIGHT NOW! (well, then…) 4 airline flash sales, a mileage sale, AND up to 40% off hotel rates!
- Uh-oh. Is Dominican Republic no longer the only place where travelers have to worry about dying?
- The Delta techs who turned a jet engine into a barbecue grill
- Like watching airplanes? Check out Austin Airport’s new deck
- How to top up your JetBlue TrueBlue points to make an award booking
- Go home, Google Maps – you’re drunk!
- You have to stay at a hotel that’s not your preferred brand. How can you maximize your points earning?
- Universal Orlando changed the rules for free lockers when you go on rides. Here’s what to do about that
- Oh, great, Uber drivers have another way to scam passengers (but you may be able to get this one refunded)
- Traveling internationally? Might want to do this before you leave
- What are water salutes and why do planes get them?
- Want to watch movies on a plane? You need to have the app
- Why I’m considering ditching all of our premium credit cards
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary