Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- We told the story about that time when we got a pleasant surprise of an upgrade on Delta…I guess we aren’t the only ones (although I think the person in Rene’s Point’s story wasn’t the exact same kind of thing).
- So many people have died because they’re taking selfies that some cities have made dedicated selfie spots. Fortunately, you won’t die at the hands of Thailand’s military junta for taking selfies. Well, probably not…;-) Frankly, I’d just as soon go to the places in London where the prime selfie spots have been identified.
- There are lots of reasons why airports have carpeting, and the people of some cities really identify with what’s laid on the floor of their local airport. Case in point, the officials at Nashville Int’l Airport (BNA) are considering removing their iconic carpet during their renovation and a lot of locals want no part of it. They’ve even started a petition to save the carpet from extinction.
- On the occasions that Joe and I are on a flight where we’re fed a full meal, I like knowing what I may be served ahead of time, so I check out this website. It looks like they’re going to have to update their info for Japan Airlines, at least for a little while, because frankly, this looks cool!
- Because of the nature of Joe’s work, he had never had to go on a business trip until earlier this year (these are the things he learned from being on it). This was the trip where I surprised him by showing up at his hotel (here’s how that went). So I found this post, about the ins and outs of being on a business trip with family particularly interesting, in a “learning” sort of way.
- Because I’m a 12y/o boy in a middle aged woman’s body, I just had to share Gary’s post about naked people at airports. Granted, I’ve done my own “naked” posting, in the form of the World Naked Bike Ride, the naked hotel guy, the naked guy at The Alamo and the half naked woman who claimed her hotel room was trashed by vampires. But none of those will make it to this famous page like Gary’s naked people might. 😉
- There are all kinds of “cons” (conventions) out there…TravelCon, Comic Con, Megacon, AnimeCon, Furry Convention, D23, etc., and people travel from all around the world to attend some of them For those of you who are haunt and/or horror fans, there’s good news! Fantasm Orlando, a haunt and horror con, will be taking place October 11 through 13, 2019 at the Rosen Shingle Creek, just a hop, a skip and a jump from both Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort. Click here for more info.