Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the crazy stuff Delta’s pulling, BA’s new award chart isn’t bad, how to book a flight & not look like a criminal, Chase can’t be sued, Priority Pass changes, what to bring in your road trip carry-on, racism in a hotel, and more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about new travel visa requirements, how to track turbulence, changes at Southwest, Queen Elizabeth visits a common airline, the low down on going to Cuba, an honest review of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Humorously (and humourously) translating the English of the U.K. and the U.S.
- My most embarrassing travel mistake
- Why flying with Frontier is better than basic economy
- 100 of the most stupid questions ever asked of travel agents
- All about U.S.-based lifetime airline passes
- All about the “river of poop” at Walt Disney World
- I have 80,000 Barclaycard Arrival+ points. How do I spend them?
- “Deadly assumptions” – who’s to blame for the 737 MAX problems?
- An important thing to do when you leave your hotel room
- Earn Uber cash when shopping or eating out
- Newbies & non-U.S. citizens: TSA Pre-check, Global Entry, CLEAR, NEXUS, Sentri: what’s the best for you?
- How to find pet friendly hotels (and more!) for when you’re traveling on the road
- Real life reasons why you should put your cell phone on airplane mode, and shut data off, when you’re flying
- Delta SkyMiles teams up with Ticketmaster
- You can go kayaking in the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge…and it’s FREE!
- Why you should avoid going to a hotel right after it opens
- Electrical shocks at a water park – definitely NOT something you want to feel. But people did
- And the award for the worst execution of a good idea goes to…Delta Airlines
- Help! Where should we stay in Munich?
- How I bought a meal with discontinued money from France, Israel & the U.K. (& 10 CUCs from Cuba)
- Blisters on vacation: to pop or not to pop? And how can you avoid getting them?
- Bonvoy Brilliant: the Marriott card with the best benefits, if you’re willing to take the risk of being #Bonvoyed
- Where, when & how long the crew sleep on long haul flights
- The most popular amusement & theme parks in the world, from the group that would know
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary