Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the craziest resort fee ever, the possibility of mandatory travel health insurance, Delta shows it has a sense of humor, trouble for the TWA hotel, travel “secret password,” a lawsuit against American Airlines, how to earn $$$ travel card, and more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about special effects at Walt Disney World, the FAA investigating airports’ issues with Chick-fil-A, Queen Elizabeth’s visit to an airline, Universal Orlando’s special anniversary, canal toilets in Amsterdam, THIS is why we need the internet, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Don’t pay extra for satellite radio in a rental car (for a limited time, it’s FREE!)
- Could child free zones on planes be in our future?
- Where should you keep your passport when you’re in a foreign country?
- More reasons to be wary about Airbnbs
- The major U.S. airline I’m actively avoiding and why
- The coolest website I’ve ever seen for retro photos, audios & videos of vintage Walt Disney World
- If train travel between Orlando & Miami is going to be like this, I’m sold!
- Test dummies fall off roller coaster, amusement park rep says coaster is safe
- How we saved $80 on a 2-night stay in New York
- What’s an open jaw flight and why should you care?
- Why did anyone think this was a good way to get from Point A to Point B?
- TSA overhauls rule about bringing marijuana onto planes
- JetBlue is changing from Coke to Pepsi and people are losing their minds
- U.K. airlines’ updated measurement limits for personal and carry on bags
- What to do if you forget to buy EarlyBird check-in when you purchase Southwest tickets
- This hotel deal is HOT! And really clever, too
- Starbucks’ newest promotion is a huge yawn on their path to destroy Starbucks Rewards
- The list of strollers that are and aren’t allowed into U.S. Disney parks (and other Disney stroller info)
- Why don’t hotels run out of hot water?
- The brand new shopping outlet in New York City
- 10 former churches that are getting a second chance as life as breweries
- Hotel review: AC Hotel New York Downtown
- Six things to consider before traveling with friends
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary