Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links about the good/bad of the opening of the TWA Hotel, WDW safety concerns, dog + baby in lounge = injury, new ways to get help overseas, Disney Haunted Mansion special event, Coke vs Pepsi on a plane, when your boarding pass has the dreaded mark and more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about new problems with Hyatt and their reps, making an impossible reward trip work, travel identity theft, a popular restaurant chain that closed all but 3 locations, the wonderfulness of Tokyo DisneySea, how to be socially responsible when traveling, & more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- The best & worst airports in the U.S. & the world, ranked for 2019
- Disneyland & Walt Disney World both have “no fly zones” above them – what’s up with that?
- The world’s largest working miniature airport
- It just got a whole lot easier to travel to the U.K.
- Maybe American Airlines isn’t as bad as I thought (Hmmm…on second thought, yeah, it still is)
- POV video footage of soon-to-open Harry Potter roller coaster just released
- Where to eat around St. Pancras & Kings Cross Stations
- Google has pinpointed the perfect spots for selfies at top U.K. tourist attractions
- Dear whoever is doing this at hotels: STOP IT!
- Chick-fil-A signs lease to open in MIA, politician fighting to get it rescinded
- The ultimate tourist destination, spaceflight, is one more step closer to reality
- Save 20% to 25% on award stays using this method
- Are Disney parks too expensive? (If you think they are, here are some ways to make them cheaper)
- Get summer concert tickets with your Hilton Honors points
- Is Citi delaying prestige fourth night free credits on purpose?
- First bubonic plague, now this? And this one could happen to any of us…
- What airlines programs really mean when they say miles “never expire”
- Six scams to be aware of when visiting New York City
- This is the coolest boarding pass I’ve ever seen. And look at all the miles I got!
- My favorite thing about AutoSlash has nothing to do with saving money
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary