Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links about hotels getting stingier and stinger, an airline menu change thanks to social media, the sweet spot for points, sources for Disney & Universal park music, why U.S. customs stinks, the worst tims some flights go out, and more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about a lesson if you’re in an exit row, free WiFi on Delta, what they did to London landmarks, rage yoga (it’s a thing!), the smartest airport in the world, pilot arrested on murder charges, in-depth look at the beasts of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, & more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Planning for Intra-Europe flights was an OCD nightmare come true
- Carnival & midway games: the science of the scam, & how to win
- How to learn about the food on your upcoming flight
- You’ll never believe what U.S. airline is beating out the big guys for being on time
- If the airlines treat celebrities this terribly, how do you think they’ll treat you?
- VINTAGE WDW: The daredevil superfans who snuck inside an EPCOT attraction to explore & document it before it was destroyed
- Restaurant review: Peter Luger Steak House, Brooklyn, NY
- Points are finally posting from this promotion – better late than never
- Why don’t hotels use fitted sheets?
- Why do people care that mistake fares may disappear?
- Trip report: 2019 Disney Vacation Club exclusive Moonlight Magic event at Epcot
- The “Rocky Horror Picture Show” castle is a (antici-PATION) hotel!
- The best credit cards to maximize grocery store/supermarket spending
- U.S. airlines’ updated measurement limits for personal & carry on bags
- Hertz wants you to download their new app, so they broke the old one
- A sneaky workaround for using squat toilets
- A travel-related remembrance of Tim Conway
- Why I think American’s new (to me) policy is very smart
- Taco Bell is opening an adult-only hotel and resort
- The best credit card to pay for online music and satellite radio subscriptions
- 25 funny tweets about traveling with kids
- How to combine points from two banks to book an award
- Why Orlando International Airport (MCO) is such a mess
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary