Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links about if Southwest is pulling a fast one, a new & improved lounge, negative changes to Bonvoy & IHG, a hotel that uses robots, surprise Freddie Award winners, an example of why you should “HUCA,” , and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- May the fourth be with you: our visit to the Star Wars themed Scum & Villainy Cantina
- How to get through X-ray for TSA Pre-Check as quickly & easily as possible (Updated 5/2019)
- Been on planes with annoying people? Then this website is for you!
- Flying + Middle Eastern (ME3) carriers + Ramadan = a fascinating education!
- The lounges of Orlando International Airport (MCO) (Updated 5/2019)
- Are Disney parks too expensive?
- Daily Getaways start today – anyone need IHG Rewards Club points?
- Be careful, flight can become un-delayed
- Free DoorDash delivery when staying at Wyndham hotels
- Accelerate is back! Sign up for the next IHG promotion now!
- Bubonic plague: U.S. & European tourists quarantined after couple dies from the disease
- Survey: Percentage of Americans who’ve never flown, traveled outside their birth state, owned luggage, & more
- If you’re a Broadway musical fan, this count be the perfect new restaurant for you in NYC!
- 10 things you do on vacation that you probably don’t do at any other time
- Buy Wyndham Rewards points with today’s Daily Getaways deal
- Great sign-up bones for family travel! JetBlue Plus card now offering 50,000 points
- First all-inclusive resort in the Florida Keys goes up in flames
- How to save on airfare with Skiplagged, and why we don’t use it
- Japan is getting a Disney Mickey Mouse theme Shinkansen bullet train this spring
- The World Naked Bike Ride is coming – bring your bike (but not your clothes)
- We found a new way to get around New York (and it’s cheap!)
- Want to save on SeaWorld or Busch Gardens tickets? Don’t miss today’s Daily Getaways deal
- This one simple thing would make international travel so much better
- Hotel review: Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale, Commercial Blvd. – Tamarac, FL
- Credit card review: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (entry level)
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary