Get your mouth and belly ready, travel friends, because May is Airport Restaurant Month and there are a bunch of airports all around the U.S. that are creating new and different menus only for this special event.
Sponsored by HMSHost and held biannually (in May and October), this is the 6th year for Airport Restaurant Month – it started with 20 restaurants in 2014 and has now grown to over 60 participating dining establishments. Created to be similar to the annual “Restaurant Week” (or sometimes month) held throughout the year in various U.S. cities, it gives chefs in airport restaurants the ability to create something different and patrons to try menu items usually not available except during this special event.
Airport Restaurant Month’s prix fixe menus vary by location and select restaurants participating offer distinct customized menus that spotlight their own flavors and trends. Examples for May 2019 include:
Selection may vary by locations. Choose a salad and an entrée.
- Green Goddess Wedge
- English Cucumber Salad
- Fresh Cut Fruit and Berry Bowl
- Seared Atlantic Salmon – Served with honey roasted carrots, pesto yogurt, feta and Italian parsley
- Flatbread Prima Vera – Naan bread topped with zesty marinara, mozzarella and fresh vegetables (zucchini, red pepper, onion, mushrooms)
- AM Wrap – Flour tortilla stuffed with fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage, monterey jack cheese and mild salsa
- The Spicy Slaw Burger – Fresh burger topped with cheddar cheese and a carrot jalapeno slaw served on a toasted bun
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich – Served with sriracho mayo, pickles, shredded iceberg lettuce on a toasted bun
- Sauteed Chicken Breast – Served with spring asparagus and roasted chicken au jus
HMSHost is an American highway and airport food-service company that operates concessions at airports, at rest stops on toll roads and freeways, and at sports and entertainment attractions. They are represented in 18 of the 20 most busy airports in the United States.
Go to airportrestaurantmonth.com for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary