Here are our most popular posts for April 2019. Some of them were actually written before April (heads up that rules and offers change and we can’t guarantee that those older ones are still accurate), so take a look to make sure you didn’t miss any of the good stuff:
AIRPORTS & AIRLINES
- World’s Best Airports For 2019 Announced – U.S. airports aren’t looking so great
- Orlando International Airport: Effective immediately, allow at least 2 hours for ticketing, TSA screening
- Why don’t airlines operate 24/7?
- Chick-fil-A at the airport: That’s not how this works! That’s not how any of this works!
CAR RENTALS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
- Taking the express may not be the fastest way to get between the airport and London
- How to avoid crazy toll charges when renting a car in Orlando
- What to do when your Uber charge is higher than expected
- Virgin Trains U.S.A. plans to link Miami, MCO, Walt Disney World, potentially TPA
- Should you prepay for gas with your rental car?
- Why I’m keeping my American Airlines Aviator Red card…for now
- You don’t know what you’re missing with contactless payment
- Citi Prestige: premium rental car benefits
- Credit card review: American Express Everyday Preferred
- Is it possible to have too many free hotel nights?
DISNEY THEME PARKS
- A humorous look at Disney Parks’ new rules on smoking, ice and strollers
- Tired of carrying all your stuff around Walt Disney World? There’s a fix for that!
- What’s the real reason why Disney takes your fingerprints? And what do they do with it?
- Seeing the stuff that only Disney Cast Members are usually supposed to be able to see
- You’re going to WDW and have friends or family who can buy you Florida Resident tickets. Here’s what you need to know
- Thieves tried to siphon gas from tour bus, wound up sucking raw sewage instead
- Bizarre reasons why planes have had to make emergency landings
- No, my carry-on bag is not too big to fit in the overhead
- Attention overpackers! I bet these will all sound familiar to you
- Why Denver Int’l Airport has won for coolest airport
HOTELS & PLACES TO STAY
- Think your hotel safe is safe? It’s not
- If the front desk describes your room like this, maybe think twice about taking it
- Why do hotels ask for ID when you check in?
- My top eleven most memorable hotels
- How to override hotel thermostat settings
- The first casualty of American Express’ purchase of Lounge Buddy
- Here’s how you can get into airport lounges when flying JetBlue from New York to Orlando
- Lounge review: Wingtips Lounge, New York JFK T4 (Priority Pass lounge)
- The lounges of Orlando International Airport MCO
- Lounge review: No1 lounge, London Gatwick north terminal (Priority Pass lounge)
- When I lost our passports the night before going to Japan (and what I do now so it never happens again)
- State Dep’t introduces new risk indicator for travel, 35 countries labeled “at risk”
- How to avoid severe ear pain on an airplane
- We just found an even better place to store your luggage while traveling
POINTS AND MILES
- How I got Flying Blue to open up phantom award space
- Should you earn rental credits or frequent flyer miles for National car rentals??
- How to get the most award points when buying amusement park tickets
- You can book SouthWest flights with Thankyou points, but should you?
RESTAURANTS / FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Some restaurants are adding surcharges to help pay for employee healthcare
- Sweet spot of the new Starbucks rewards program reception levels
- How to bring your must-stay-cold food (and medicine!) in your carry on
- That way to bypass Disney’s advance dining reservations that not everyone knew about? It’s (mostly) gone
- The odd response an airline gave to its passengers’ severe food allergies
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary