On the heels of Skytrax’ list of the world’s best airports for 2019 that came out not long ago, Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice awards for airlines, hotels, destinations and beaches were recently announced.
This was Trip Advisor’s 3rd annual Travelers’ Choice Awards for airlines. Selection of winners is based on an algorithm that determines the quality and quantity of the millions of airline reviews and ratings that were submitted to Trip Advisor by travelers across the world over a 12-month period (January to December 2018).
Here are the winners:
10. All Nippon Airways (ANA) – this was a new addition to the Top 10. It also got #2 for best major airline in Japan.
9. Jet2.com – Listed as #7 last year, Jet2.com was also voted the best airline in Europe
8. Air New Zealand – This airline dropped six place since last year, but was named the airline with the best premium economy cabin, so they’ve got that going for them.
7. Azul – Azul only made it to #9 last year, so it’s doing better in the rankings.
6. Southwest Airlines – The only U.S.-based airline on the list, Southwest, which is the world’s largest low-cost carrier, held onto its position as #6 in the world (as per this awards ceremony). It also won for best economy class in the U.S., and best overall airline in the U.S.
5. Japan Airlines (JAL) – Last year it was #4.
4. Emirates – This is another airline that dropped one spot since last year, when it was #3. It’s one of the largest airlines in the Middle East and is one of only a few airlines that flies to six continents. Emirates also won best first class in the 2019 TripAdvisor awards.
3. Eva Air – This airline, based on Taiwan, jumped from #5 to #3 this year. “The seats are roomy, and are the most comfortable I have encountered outside of business class,” one traveler recently wrote. “The food also exceeded our expectations for airline fare.”
2. Qatar Airways – This airline made the largest jump – 8 places – from #10 last year! It also won for best business class.
1. Singapore Airlines – this is the 2nd year in a row that Singapore Airlines got the #1 spot. It also got the #1 spots for best airline, best major airline and best economy class in Asia.
*** Thanks to Cookie W. for passing on this info!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary