Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
On Sundays and Wednesdays, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Wednesday we posted links about hope for Notre Dame, free Delta giveaways, should you tip housekeeping, RyanAir doing something RIGHT, cool drink containers at Disney, Changi’s new world record, and more. Click here to see it all!
- On Sunday we posted links about an unforgivable points mistake, plane changes at JetBlue & Virgin, AMEX playing hardball with points, how to get 10% off on Whole Foods gift cards, doing WDW for charity, United allowing flight attendants to have personality, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- How to avoid severe ear pain on an airplane
- How to bring “must stay cold” food (and medicine!) in your carry-on
- Oops! What to do when you book flights to the wrong airport
- One last chance! $6 flights to Hawaii, sponsored by Arby’s
- The Disney theme park attraction that’s helping people with their health
- You don’t expect to see these in the New York City subway system
- Credit card review: American Express Everyday Preferred
- The odd response an airline gave to its passengers’ severe food allergies
- Are Americans less hospitable, or is it just us?
- Flight review: Virgin Atlantic premium economy LGW-MCO
- The airlines’ updated policies for “Passengers of Size”
- There are now TWO Titanic replicas in the works, but only one is 100% unsinkable
- Opinion: MCO is suing MLB? That’s just silly! Here’s why
- The three reasons I’m relieved I was avoiding flights on the 737 MAX
- Why do hotels ask for I.D. when you check in?
- State Department’s new risk indicator for travel; 35 countries labeled “at risk”
- Airport Chick-fil-A: That’s not how this works! That’s not how any of this works!
- Hotel review: St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London – junior suite
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary