Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- I think it’s safe to say that all of us have our pet peeves when it comes to annoying people on flights. I mean, Reddit asked its users about them (“What is something people do on an airplane that annoys the hell out of you?”) and got over 1,100 responses (the link is to some of the better ones, not all 1,100 of them). There’s a whole website devoted passengers that you love to hate. And we even told people how to not be that annoying person. Well, now it must be official because Shelli from Point Me To The Plane reports that a market research team even did a survey to determine what behaviors are the most annoying.
- We reported late last year that JFK was about to embark on a $13 billion renovation that would include 2 new terminals, plus better security, runways and ground transportation. I guess it must have started because Points, Miles And Martinis reports that one of the airport’s runways will be closed to for reconstruction, starting this week. Expect delays.
- And speaking of closed things at airports…Brian from The Gate gives some very important information about the airport in the midwest that will be closed for the next week (or more) due to safety concerns. Heads up!
- If you’ve always wanted to be a Wizard or Witch but never got your letter from Hogwarts, there’s hope! Michael from Inside the Magic writes that Mad Dragon Studios now has wizarding classes available! It kind of reminds me of the place where you can learn to become a Jedi Master.
- Joe and I enrolled in CLEAR late last year when he bought a half-price subscription to TripIt Pro during a Black Friday sale (One of the benefits of a Pro membership is a four-month subscription to CLEAR and a free family pass). Here’s his report of our experience with it. We’ve been going back and forth with the idea of renewing when the time comes (Joe wants to, I don’t think it’s worth the money) so it caught my eye when Ben (Lucky) from One Mile At A Time recently reported that the price for CLEAR membership just went up.
- The topic of tipping varies from country to country and can sometimes become a bone of contention when people from a generally non-tipping country come to a country that has a tipping culture. That’s why I love the website we link to in this article because it gives the who, what, why, where, when and how much of tipping anywhere in the world. However the etiquette of tipping airline employees if never mentioned. Gary from View From The Wing cleared that up though, at least when it comes to American Airlines.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary