Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Weekly Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Every Saturday we post a bunch of sweepstakes and contests we’ve found on the ‘net where the grand prize is TRAVEL! Of course, you gotta be in it to win it, so click here to see what you could enter to win this week. If you decide to any, GOOD LUCK!
Posts We Like
On Sundays and Wednesdays we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links about how to get free bottled water during travel, the cutest airline meeting ever, WDW’s DVC Riviera Resort points chart, why you shouldn’t exchange currency, why not returning to a NYC hotel, and more. Click here to see it all!
- On Wednesday we posted links about the airline that’s limiting total luggage allowance, a welcomed resort fee decrease, the funniest lesser-known posts for April Fools’ Day. the best flight attendant ever, Universal’s influence on Disney, a tragic tourist story, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- World’s best airports for 2019 announced – U.S. airports aren’t looking so great
- Why am I expected to do the quality control for my hotel room?
- What if your rental car company overcharges you for tolls?
- In case you missed it: Uber scams, credit card reviews, 2019 ORD delays, AMEX statement warnings & more
- Tired of carrying all your stuff around Walt Disney World or Universal? There’s a fix for that! (read all the way down to the bottom of this one!)
- Taking the “Express” may not be the fastest way from the airport to London
- How deleting an app fixed my WiFi connection
- Stuck in an airport overnight and need/want to sleep? This website can help
- How to visit the islands of Disney’s Polynesian Villiage Resort
- The FOUR air fare sales, vacation sales & flash sales going on RIGHT NOW!
- If the front desk describes your hotel room like this, maybe think twice about taking it
- Flight review: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy JFK-LHR on an A330
- We just found an even better place to store your luggage while traveling
- 500+ cool, hidden & unusual things to do in New York City
- The first casualty of LoungeBuddy’s purchase by American Express
- The ultimate look back at WDW’s original “Journey Into Imagination” attraction (1983-1998)
- Thieves tried to siphon gas from tour bus, wound up sucking raw sewage instead
- Virgin Trains USA plans to link Miami, MCO, WDW & potentially Tampa. Will this be the death knell of Disney’s Magical Express?
- 25 funny quotes that every overpacker can relate to
- We know better and still got caught by one of the most common tourist scams out there
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary